We provide a wide range of family law-related legal services, including litigation, consulting, and mediation
We represent clients in all aspects of family law, including:
- Marital dissolution (divorce) and legal separation
- Property characterization and division, including business valuations and appraisals
- Unraveling and tracing of commingled separate and community property assets and accounts
- Apportionment and division of stock options, restricted stock units, and other non-cash compensation
- Spousal support and child support
- Child custody and visitation
- Pre-marital agreements and post-marital agreements
- Parental relations/parentage cases
- Domestic violence restraining orders
Our family law services include the following:
Litigation is often necessary, whether in the public court system or with a private judge, particularly when one party has unreasonable expectations, is not forthcoming with information, or is otherwise difficult. We have significant litigation experience, and we approach litigation as cost-effectively as possible. The goal is always to arrive at an appropriate settlement, and this often occurs during the course of litigation.
As an alternative to litigation, the mediation process involves a neutral third-party mediator who works directly with the parties to arrive at a settlement. Many clients find mediation to be a less expensive, less stressful forum in which to resolve their disputes since they are directly involved in negotiating the ultimate resolution. We can also represent or consult with clients as their independent counsel, providing legal advice, counsel, and support for one of the parties involved in the mediation process. Depending on the needs and wishes of the client and mediator, independent attorneys may attend the meditation sessions to facilitate negotiations and to enable each party to independently assess the terms of a settlement. All of the attorneys at our firm are skilled at assisting parties in mediation.
In addition to serving as independent counsel in mediation, Romy and Rodrigo serve as private neutral mediators to assist both parties in achieving a resolution of their family law issues.